Our members are important and we accomplish a lot together.
The Purpose of the Farmington Garden Club is to promote knowledge of horticulture, floral and landscape design, participate in beautification, civic, community and conservation projects within Farmington.
Benefits of Membership
- Meeting and making friends with people who share your interests
- Attend educational programs on horticulture, landscape and floral design, environmental interests and concerns
- Garden for a purpose with community service projects and skill-building activities in eco-landscaping, community beautification, etc.
- Opportunity to become informed and involved with conservation and stewardship of our natural resources and community
- Participate in the state and national garden club network through our association with the Federated Garden Clubs.
The Application Process
- Attend one meeting during the last 12 months.
- Complete an application (New Membership Application form) which includes a short biographic sketch and a check list of interests. This must be received by the Membership chair by October 31st to join in December or April 30th to join in June.
- Attend an orientation session prior to admission to the Club at the December or June meeting.
Active Membership Requirements
- Active participation in all Club projects.
- Attendance at all meetings is expected, though a minimum of four membership meetings prior to May 1st (during the previous 12 months) is required.
- Be a member of two committees and also have a responsibility to help with Beautification—the backbone of our Club.
- Payment of annual Active-member level dues.
Click here for additional details on committees.
To request more information on becoming a member . . .
If you would like more information on joining our Club, please fill out this form and our membership chair will contact you.