President Sandy Goralnick
Vice President Ginny Hadfield
Treasurer Kathy Lindroth
Recording Secretary Terry Roberts
Corresponding Secretary Jan Wright
Working with other garden club members to plant and care for the town's pocket parks and triangles.
- Colton Street and Main Street
- Hatters Lane and Colton Street
- Porter Road and Garden Street
- School Street and Mountain Road (Noah Wallace School)
- High Street and Mountain Road
- Church Street and Main Street
- Publish and distribute The Bee Skep monthly (September through June) to the entire membership.
- Maintain the website keeping information current.
- Maintain online forms and documents.
Civic & Community Service
- Make baskets (Christmas & Memorial Day) for senior citizens, distributed by the Services for the Elderly in conjunction with Meals on Wheels.
- Make Christmas wreaths and distribute to many non-profits in town.
- Collect and drop off Farmington Food Pantry donations.
- Present civic awards every three years to local businesses for outstanding landscaping design and maintenance.
Flowers & Exhibits
Optional Participation at:
- Festival of Trees & Traditions at the Wadsworth Atheneum
- Fine Art & Flowers entry at the Wadsworth Atheneum
- Tablescape entry at the Town and County Club's "Set to Celebrate" event in November.
Organize and implement an annual program for Club and community members honoring the spirit of the Club's founders.
Green (ad hoc)
Provide liaison with Farmington Village Green and Library Association (FVGLA) regarding the development of plans for the Town Green.
Organize an annual evening social event for members and their guests operating on a break-even basis.
Horticulture & Conservation
Collect and share general horticultural facts, tips, and suggestions with the membership at regular intervals.
- Maintain name tags for members and guests.
- Organize teams and manage food, beverage and table decorations suitable for time and venue of meetings.
- Appoint team leader/hostess for each meeting.
- Provide monthly member assignments and responsibilities for monthly publication in the Bee Skep.
- Ensure the necessary supplies are available at meetings.
Membership & Nominating
- Nominate officers for the following year.
- Facilitate identification, recruitment and integration of prospective members.
- Plan and organize new member orientation.
- Reach out and seek to engage Sustainers.
- Process prospective member applications and present new members.
Develop and implement the Club's educational/informational programs and publish the annual membership directory.
Publicity & Archives
- Maintain Club archives and memorabilia.
- Photograph events and activities for public release and archives.
- Generate Club publicity.
Act as liaison between Sustainers and regular members.
ways and means
- Develop and implement Club fundraising activities.
- Facilitate the annual Holiday Auction in conjunction with Civic & Community committee food collection for the Farmington Food Pantry.